Young people who don’t enjoy reading don’t read. This results in poor literacy skills and impacts on their ability to engage with all areas of the curriculum. TextNow® is the only one-to-one reading programme for secondary school-age reluctant and struggling readers that is proven to rapidly improve reading skills. It motivates young people by giving them a choice of what they read.
TextNow® is a 10-week, targeted intervention that motivates readers with tuition, rewards, and reading choice.
- One-to-one reading sessions: structured, 20-minute sessions with a foster carer, five times a week for 10 weeks.
- Incentive-based reading: readers earn credits to spend on thousands of books through the MyChoice! scheme.
- Training for foster carers: training sessions to prepare carers for their role as reading coach.
“She is now reading at any opportunity: in the car, in the park, at the beach, anywhere and everywhere. She has really benefited from the TextNow programme.”
TextNow reading programmes are proven to:
- Improve reading skills of underachieving young people with a programme proven to achieve reading gains of up to 27 months over ten weeks.
- Motivate young people to read through their own choice of reading material and an online rewards system through MyChoice!
- Quantify outcomes with a performance report that enables you to evidence how targeted funding has been used to good effect.
- Raise attainment across all areas of the curriculum with improved reading and comprehension skills and increased confidence and self-esteem.