Engage young people in reading: improve their reading skills
TextNow® is the only one-to-one reading programme for secondary school-age reluctant and struggling readers that is proven to rapidly improve reading skills, by motivating young people through a choice of what they read.
Through a programme of one-to-one reading sessions combined with access to the MyChoice! online bookstore, TextNow works by motivating young people to enjoy reading by letting them choose what they want to read and rewarding progress with credits to choose their own books to keep.
Watch the video to see participants and writers, including Andrew Motion, Anne Enright and Daljit Nagra, talking about TextNow
- Improve reading skills of underachieving young people with an evidence-based programme proven to achieve reading gains of 27 months over ten weeks in schools (and 18.7 months across all settings)
- Motivate young people to read, and enjoy reading, through their own choice of reading material and an online bookstore rewards system
- Encourage interest in reading through regular and focused one-to-one support from trained coaches
- Quantify outcomes with a performance report that enables you to evidence how targeted funding has been used to good effect
- Raise attainment across all areas of the curriculum with improved reading and comprehension skills and increased confidence and self-esteem.
- Find out more
- Alternatively, read through the rest of the pages in this section or email firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more
- If you are already using TextNow, log on and go to the My Account page to access user materials, quality assurance and training
- Read the TextNow Evaluation Report 2008-11